A section of traders on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking modification of the October 9 order banning the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR region till November 1. Only one site mentions: "Due to Supreme Court's order crackers are ban in Delhi NCR" (sic). However, there is no clarity on selling of firecrackers online.
"I guess those people will end up bursting them, so it's not a 100 per cent victory", Padmanabhan said.
There are different websites like cockbrand.in, ayyanonline, buyonlinecrackers.com, crackersindia.com, which offer online delivery of firecrackers.
Later talking to reporters, the minister said the state government will make arrangements for people to from Delhi to celebrate the festival in the state if they get in touch though letters and telephones.
It said the November 11 a year ago order, suspending all licences which "permit sale of fireworks, wholesale and retail within the territory of NCR", was passed by the court keeping in view the situation that had arisen after the last Diwali. The graded reduction in the sale of crackers will start from November 1 onwards, the SC also said. The court had said that the November 11, 2016 order suspending the licences "should be given one chance to test itself" to see if there would be a positive effect of this, particularly during Diwali.
As an advocate argues in this News18 report: "Say for example the firecracker business is based out of Bengaluru, and the order is made from Delhi, the seller can reject the order considering the area of purchase falls under the SC order". The Supreme Court had revived last year's order which had banned the sale of firecrackers in the Delhi, NCR.
Supporting the ban on firecrackers, Indian cricket team all-rounder Yuvraj Singh took to his Twitter account and in a humble request said, "A honest request from my side to all of you coming from my heart that do not burn crackers this Diwali, please".